Tuesday, September 11, 2012

REMEMBERING 9/11

Where were you while we were being attacked by terrorists? I was in the kitchen. I could hear the news in the background. I heard them say something about a plane crashing into one of the twin towers. I went into the living room to see what was happening, and sat down just in time to see the other plane hit the second tower. I knew then that we were under attack. I remember sobbing for all those people...watching them hang out of windows, some jumping to their death, then to watch as the towers collapsed, crushing those trapped inside, along with the brave men and women who were in and near the towers, trying to rescue them. 

I remember how this nation literally became, once again, One Nation Under God. We rallied together in prayer. We found a renewed sense of community. We were determined to fight back, together. A lot has happened since then. Why are we so divided? A nation divided can not stand. A nation that boos God can not survive. We are in another civil war...brother against brother...neighbor against neighbor. 

We need a president that truly desires to bring us together and lead, putting God at the helm. We need an administration that is not divisive and that honestly loves this great nation that we are honored to live in. We do not have that kind of leadership. What we have is an empty chair.

No comments: