Sunday, September 30, 2012

GUARD YOUR HEART AND YOUR MIND

Just finished a long walk, just me and Jesus. Listening to my worship music, blocking out all the sounds and negative influences of the world... Romans 13:13-14(AMP)
13 Let us live and conduct ourselves honorably and becomingly as in the [open light of] day, not in reveling (carousing) and drunkenness, not in immorality and debauchery (sensuality and licentiousness), not in quarreling and jealousy.
14 But clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah), and make no provision for [indulging] the flesh [put a stop to thinking about the evil cravings of your physical nature] to [gratify its] desires (lusts).

With so much outside influences, such as tv, radio, internet, books, even friends, and so on, it's easy to get wrapped up in the things the world has to offer, that may not be beneficial in our relationship with Christ. These things may give us pleasure for a time, but at what cost? From time to time I have to clean house, take a look at the things in my life that are driving a wedge between me and my Savior. I urge you to do the same. Take inventory of the things in your life that might be better thrown out. Is it what you're watching on television? Is it that relationship you're in? Is it drinking? Is it a book you're reading? I often ask myself, "Am I pleasing to God? Do my actions and words reflect who I am in Him?" Why don't you do the same. To be different from most of your peers can be a bit lonely at times, but in the end it's well worth it.

No comments: