Sunday, August 14, 2011

PERSECUTION IS EMPOWERMNET

Let me start by saying, in this blog I am talking to my fellow believers, but if you're curious, you're more than welcome to read on.  Read at your own risk.  You've been warned.


I am just home from an awesome, awesome time of worship and fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I serve an awesome God, and I am not ashamed to shout His name from the mountaintops. For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God's power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance... Romans 1:16 (Amp) 


Some would try to stifle me by saying that a social media forum is not the appropriate place to share my faith.  I say it is the perfect place!  Some would say it is force feeding my faith onto unwilling subjects.  I say it is my right to free speech, and that anyone who may be offended has the freedom to choose not to read or view my posts. From the beginning it has been my heart's desire to share the Good News to everyone I have contact with.  I am aware that it is not received well by some, but I will venture to say, only a few, in comparison to the encouragement and positive reinforcement I have received by most.  


I've been told I am crazy, and tagged with a number of labels because of my faith,  People are often fast to put labels on something they don't understand, and brutal with their words because I refuse to sugar coat the truth. Even one Christian acquaintance came against me, saying that my Christianity is not necessarily her Christianity, and my response to that is that my Christianity is the Christianity taught in the Holy Scriptures, and if you don't have that Christianity, then you don't have any Christianity.  Just because you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and you sit in a church pew every Sunday doesn't mean you are a Christian, even Satan knows that Jesus is the Son of God, and I'm positive that Satan is not a Christian, and I've actually seen Satan sitting in some churches.  A head knowledge of this truth is not the same as a relationship.  Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21.  Being a Christian means actually living FOR Jesus Christ instead of living for yourself, having the desire to be pleasing to Him, actually wanting His will for your life. Being a Christian means acknowledging that Jesus is the ONLY way, not one of many ways. There is ONE God, and ONE Savior.  Some say my truth is not their truth.  I say there is but ONE truth, and that is what is written in the Holy Scriptures, spoken by Jesus Himself in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." 


I want to encourage other believers to take a stand for Christ. To be bold for the Kingdom.  Jesus says in Matthew 10:33, "Therefore, everyone who acknowledges Me before men and confesses Me, I will also acknowledge him before My Father Who is in heaven."  I don't know about you, but I look forward to the day that Jesus, Himself, with His arms wrapped around me, says to the Father, "This is my daughter, in whom I am well pleased."  What a glorious day that will be!  


These are the DON'Ts.  Don't sugar coat it, people!  Don't sit on the fence! Don't be lukewarm, 'cause Jesus will spew you out of His mouth (His words, not mine)!


These are the DOs.  Do take scripture seriously!  Do be bold for the kingdom!  Do be on fire for Christ!  Do be proactive in sharing your faith to a lost world!


Lastly, if you don't like what you just read here, and you hate on me, you only empower me to do more of the same, because persecution for Christ's sake is an honor.



No comments: