Thursday, February 28, 2008

Are magazine sales so low that they have to run 21 prescription drug ads, as in Ladies' Home Journal?

I don't subscribe to magazines, but my mother-in-law does, and she gives me a stack when we visit.

As I was thumbing through a few of these magazines I started to notice the huge, and by huge I mean one, number of prescription drug ads. I was board, so I started to count them. Ladies' Home Journal wins a blue ribbon for the most ads at a count of 21, with Family Circle coming in second place at 16 ads, Women's Day & Better Homes and Gardens both in third place with 10 ads, & finally Southern Living in fourth place with only 6 ads. Women's Day magazine is only a fraction in thickness of the other ones, so 10 ads should technically raise it to about second place, along with Family Circle.

If you're tired of being bombarded with prescription drug ads on television and in magazines, go to stopdrugads.org and petition your congressman or congresswoman to introduce the Public Health Protection Act.

Did you know that recreational drugs are far less likely to kill you than prescription drugs? I don't, however, suggest using recreational drugs.


Go to the Mercola.com archives and look for the article dated 2008/1/15, or copy and paste the link below.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles
/archive/2008/1/15/recreational-drugs-
far-less-likely-to-kill-you-than-
prescribed-drugs.aspx


No comments: